Throughout this pandemic (and long before, who am I kidding), I’ve been very low maintenance (read: lazy) with my self care. That usually means letting my hair dry while I sleep, doing a face mask once a month, and putting on the lightest amount of makeup that can be applied with my fingers. My personal stance on beauty is that people should do what makes them feel confident in their own skin. To me, that’s partially about knowing what I’m putting on my skin, hence my dive into the world of clean beauty. What I’ve learned is that there’s a lot of bad stuff out there, but there are a few brands doing it really well. I’ve come to rely on two particular brands to build out my daily routine: ILIA and SAIE.
My daily routine consists of five or six simple, clean products.
- I start with Saie’s Slip Tint (shade #3, Deep Fair). It goes on really smooth, gives light coverage, and has SPF 35 so I feel like an accomplished human before I even start my day.
- Then I layer on ILIA’s True Skin Serum Concealer (shade 1.5 Suma)under my eyes and over any red spots (aka my face).
- At this point, my skin looks like a blank canvas. I use a brush to apply ILIA’s NightLite Bronzing Powder. Pro tip: be sure to tap the brush off on the back of your hand before applying to get off excess powder. It’s a fairly loose compact.
- I put a little bit of ILIA’s Multi-Stick in Lady Bird on the apples of my cheeks and a light smudge on my eyelids if I’m feeling fancy.
- Moving on up my face, I use Saie’s Mascara 101, which I love. It gives natural but full eyelashes, never gets clumpy, and comes off easily when I wash my face. This is one of my favorite mascaras I’ve ever tried, clean or not!
- Last on my list is my brows. You may or may not have noticed that I have a lot of brow going on, so I always use ILIA’s Essential Brow Gel in Dark Brown. Again, no clumping and it fills them in and gives them some shape.
That’s it! Six products and I feel ready to get out into the world aka Zoom!